This guide will help you to Install and activate Bitdefender 2023 Product line in case you have purchased a license key for the same or just want to use the trial version.
Note: Bitdefender has officially removed the version number from the name. Hence, do not confuse if you see only the product name on the official website. Hence for reference, we will call it the 2023 release.
How to Identify the latest Bitdefender 2023 release?
Once the desktop application is installed, go to the system tray Bitdefender icon and right-click on it. On the menu, select "About." Check the Build number. The latest version release is Build 27.
Upgrading Bitdefender 2022 to 2023 release
- Bitdefender automatically upgrades you to the 2023 version, i.e., Build 27. In this case, you will not have to do anything. Bitdefender will perform the upgrade like a regular update and ask you to reboot your PC.
- In case you did not receive the automatic upgrade, you can manually do it.
- Clean uninstall the 2022 version using the Bitdefender Uninstaller Tool and reboot your PC.
- Visit your Bitdefender Central account and make a fresh installation.
That's it. The new installation process will be for the latest version. Also, you can verify the same by checking the application build number.
Tips Before Activation (Click to expand)
- 1There is no difference between Bitdefender 2023 Trial and the Purchased version. The trial version is a limited-time (30 Days in this case) but fully functional application.
- 2All the features remain the same in the Trial version. Hence, take benefit of the trial period. Read Bitdefender Total Security Review to know all its new features in detail.
- 3Installation time Depends on your Internet connection speed. The Web installer downloads updated data on the fly during the process. If you have a slow/unreliable connection, go for the Offline installation method.
- 4With Bitdefender 2023 version it is mandatory to use Bitdefender Central Account.
- 5The best way to get the installation and activation to go smoothly is by going through this guide carefully.
- 6Add Bitdefender licenses only via Bitdefender Central account via your web Browser.
- 7When you intend to extend a subscription, you have to buy the exact same license key. For example, if you have a Total Security 5 Devices license, then in order to get the extension option, you have to add a new Total Security 5 Devices license. In any other case, the extension option will not be presented.
- 8In case you have added a new subscription but wanted to extend while fitting in the extension criteria, contact Bitdefender Support team and tell them to rectify the issue according to your needs. The best option is to look for the "Chat" support. You will find it under the "Support" option in Bitdefender Central account.
Install & Activate Bitdefender 2023 release
This section will cover all the steps needed to successfully install Bitdefender Products on your System. To avoid any errors during the installation, follow these steps very carefully.
If you have not yet purchased a subscription and just want to try it, do read our Bitdefender Total Security 2023 review.
Things To Do Before Installation
Removing Mcafee Antivirus
If Bitdefender is unable to install even after using Mcafee Removal, try the solution below:
- Download Mcafee Registry Removal. The password for zip file is: 123
- You should now have the 'McAfee.reg' file.
- Double-click on the 'McAfee.reg' file and select 'Yes' if the User Account Control window pops up and also 'Yes' when you need to confirm the action.
Installing Bitdefender 2023: Step-by-Step Guide
If you have multiple PCs and want to save bandwidth, you can download the Bitdefender Offline Installer.
Activating Bitdefender 2023 Subscription
- If you purchased a Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Website, it starts from the day of your purchase. Hence, use the license in your account as soon as possible in order to not lose days.
- If you purchased from a reseller, please confirm the start date of the license in case it is not mentioned.
If you are using the trial version, upon installation from a new account, Bitdefender automatically activates a 30 Days fully functional Bitdefender 2023 trial for you. We recommend you to fully use the trial version and have the benefit of 30 Free days. Once the trial is over, login to your Bitdefender Central Account.
Installation for Antivirus Plus & Internet Security
Do you have a different product Bitdefender security subscription, like Internet Security or Antivirus Plus?
After the subscription is added to the Central account, Bitdefender automatically changes the desktop application to match the subscribed product in your account.
How to Merge and Extend the validity of Bitdefender Subscriptions
You can only extend Bitdefender security subscriptions if you have the exact subscription in your Bitdefender Central account as the new license:
For example, you have a Bitdefender Total Security-> 5 Devices subscription. You can only extend it by purchasing a new Bitdefender Total Security-> 5 Devices license. The new license's validity does not matter as it can be a 1 /2/3-year validity that will be added to your existing days.
In total with the existing validity, you can extend your Central account subscription for upto 5 Years. If this criteria is not fulfilled, the extension option will not appear when you try to add the license.
Steps to Activate / Merge subscriptions:
In this example, I am using a Family Pack and will merge another Family Pack - 1 year license to the account.
1. You have to log in to your Bitdefender Central account. Go to "My Subscriptions." Use a desktop browser for this purpose, as many people have reported that they are not getting the merger option using their mobile app.
Please follow the steps as given below.
In the My Subscriptions section, click on the "+ Activate with code" link.
2. The above action will pop up the Registration box. Copy the license key that you have received and paste it in the section and click on Activate.
3. On completing the above step, Bitdefender will give you the following choices:
NOTE: You have to be careful here. If you add it as a new subscription, It will not merge with the existing license and be added as a separate subscription in your account.
If you do not see the extend option at all, that means you cannot extend your subscription, and adding the license anyhow will just add it as a new subscription. In that case, you should not proceed and report it to the store you have purchased the license from.
Hence, you have to select the choice to extend your validity, as shown in the image.
4. On selecting the Extend validity option, Bitdefender will show you the outcome of the merge.
That's all. The new subscription in your account will have the added days from your new license key.
How do I activate Bitdefender on another device?
Login to your Central Account and install the application. Once Bitdefender security is installed, you need to login to it with Bitdefender Central account.
These steps also work in the same way for Mac and Android mobile devices.
How to Install Bitdefender VPN?
There is no special method for VPN installation.
On the Bitdefender main application, you will get the option to install the VPN. Once you click to install the VPN, Bitdefender will download and install it for you.
Activate Bitdefender VPN Premium
You have to activate the unlimited premium VPN separately. The process is exactly the same for the VPN activation. You have to visit the "My Subscriptions" section in the Bitdefender Central account and add your license.
In case you do not have a VPN subscription, you can check our Bitdefender VPN Premium coupon section.
How many devices does Bitdefender VPN cover?
Bitdefender VPN protects upto 10 devices only. Even if you buy Family Pack that supports 15 devices, the premium VPN along with it will only support 10 devices.
How to Upgrade Bitdefender to the Latest Version?
Normally the Bitdefender Application should automatically upgrade to the new version when the upgrade is officially available.
However, in case you do not see the new version or if your application did not upgrade automatically, you should try the steps below:
- Update the Bitdefender application manually and see if it initiates the upgrade process.
- Use the Uninstaller Tool and perform a clean removal. Reinstall the Bitdefender application from your Bitdefender Central Account. It ensures that the latest release is installed.
Installing Bitdefender 2023 version is easy. If you follow the steps carefully, there are very less chances that you will face any error.
If you face any difficulty in installing Bitdefender 2023 products, do let us know in the comment section below.
Sourojit is Executive Editor at Dealarious. Rumor says He is Computer Science Engineer; He neither accepts it nor denies it. Tech Explorer, Philosopher and a Storyteller.