Bitdefender 2017 Offline Installer
Bitdefender has moved on to Central Account. A Single Portal to manage your account, subscriptions, downloads, etc. However, many users still need Bitdefender 2017 offline installer download links which are not available in the portal. In this article, we are presenting them as found on the official Bitdefender servers. As of now, not all links are available.
Update: Bitdefender 2018 Offline Installer kit is now released. Please Proceed and download the latest version.
We are also not sure for how long these files will be available on their server. Therefore, download them quickly. You can use them later at a convenient time.
Bitdefender 2017 Offline Installer Kit
|Download Links||Size in MB|
|Download 32 Bit||345 MB|
|Download 64 Bit||369 MB|
Compatible with: Windows 10 / 8 / 8.1 & 7
This guide is applicable for Bitdefender Total Security 2017, Internet Security 2017 and Antivirus Plus 2017. Bitdefender has merged every program in this single installer called the offline kit. When you install it along with Bitdefender Agent logged in to your Central Account, the program changes its version according to the subscription in your account.
Bitdefender 2017 Offline Installer: Procedure
- Download offline kit: Bitdefender 2017 32-Bit or Bitdefender 2017 64-Bit as per your OS. This Step almost covers 50% of the task.
- Uninstall prior Bitdefender version from your PC. You can do so by using Bitdefender Removal Tool.
- Disconnect internet. Do not Forget this step.
- While you are offline, start Installation. If things are at the right place, the installation will finish. Connect Internet and Login to Central Account. Update the application. That's it.Have you already added a subscription in Central Account? Probably a different product i.e. Internet Security 2017 or Antivirus Plus 2017? Don't worry! As soon as you log in with the account, Bitdefender will automatically change the application.
- Got Error?
You must first install Bitdefender Agent to be able to install Bitdefender 2017!
If you face above error, please follow the steps below:
- Login to Bitdefender Central Account. Go to My Devices. On this screen, click on "Install Bitdefender" button. Download the web setup, 8.6 MB.
- Now run the above setup. As a result, after a while, you will see the web download starts. Cancel the download.
- Bitdefender agent installation is complete in above step. Silently done just before the download started.
- Resume from step 3 and perform step 4. That's all for the installation part.
- Right click on System tray Bitdefender icon and select "Update Now."
are you finding these steps confusing? Follow the video in the section below.
Bitdefender 2017 Offline Installer: Video Guide
Removing Offline Installer Kit is not a good step by Bitdefender. There are a lot of people who do not have a good Internet connection. Another case is for people who format their system very often. Hence, downloading the same package, again and again, makes no sense.
Bitdefender 2017 Offline Installer: Issues
Although it is an offline installer, you need a stable internet. Activation cannot happen without it. Please note that when using an offline Installer, you are using a relatively old setup file. Therefore, the time taken for the first update will be long. A patience test if your internet connection is either slow or keeps disconnecting a lot.
A web installer detects 32 / 64 bit OS automatically while the offline installer does not. Hence you have to download the exact version as your OS is. Confusing? You can use Microsoft OS Version Finder Guide. It will help you to determine the version of OS you are using.
Comparing to the web Installer, the Offline installer is still better. As you can at least install the application without fail. Updating the application is not an issue as it happens automatically as a background task.
Are these Bitdefender 2017 Offline Installer links Official?
Indeed a good question. Officially, Bitdefender says:
There will be no offline kits for Bitdefender 2017
However, the links available now are from official servers. Hence they are safe to download and install. In addition, You should also take care not to download Bitdefender 2017 Offline Installer from dubious websites. If you do so, you are at risk of downloading modified files. While you install from such links, you might be installing other hidden applications too. Hence as a final caution, do not download from unknown servers.
What do you think? Are these Bitdefender 2017 Offline Installer links helpful? Do let us know by commenting below.